February 16, 2012

A Beach Bag



Last week I made this beach bag for my sister to take on her vacation to Hawaii!  What I would give for a white sandy beach and 80 degree weather right now!  Definitely jealous :) After searching for the perfect beach bag pattern and not finding it, I looked to my own stash of bags for inspiration.  I ended up choosing a tote bag from AE that I liked and began studying it's seams, trying to figure out how it was put together.  When I couldn't quite grasp what the pattern would look like for the bottom, I decided to do a little seam ripping. It made much more sense after that!  And I now understand the parts of a bag and the order in which to sew them.  If there were only more hours in the day, I think I could design my own pattern!

3 comments:

Bugarska Letovanje said...

Cute one. I love the horizontal stripes pattern. This is one perfect beach bag :)

Teaka said...

Great bag! Sometimes items look so easy to sew but when you really start to study them you see some rather interesting sewing techniques that you have to really look at to understand. You did an awesome job on this bag!
I too am jealous of all my friends and family that seem to be escaping to warmer destinations right now.
Sadly I'll just have to wait for the sun to come to me. No warm climates till then.

Erin said...

I sure wish I could sew! This is wonderful!

I'm hosting a homemade card swap over on my blog and would love it if you would join us! http://makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com/2012/02/homemade-card-exchange-wanna.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...