June 29, 2011

Create With Me Project and a Thrift Find

Isn't this pillow so fun?! I love it.  When I saw that UCreate's "Create With Me Project" were throw pillows and one of them was the Shag Pillow by V and Co I knew I had to get in on the action.  The tutorial was put together nicely and the pillow was fairly easy to construct, just a little tedious.  I made it for this rocking chair I found at the secondhand store for only $3.00!!  There were actually 2 of them and I bought them both!  Thank you Isaiah and Alyza!  I gave new life to the green one by sanding it down and painting it a cream color.  I had no idea it would be so much work, but am pleased with the results!
I started sanding down the purple one when I noticed a field of purple flowers down the street that I thought would be perfect for a photo shoot.
Then I decided I sort of like the purple so I haven't finished sanding it.  Best thrift find I've had in a while!  

7 comments:

Blue Velvet Chair said...

Your pillow turned out fabulous! Inspiring me too make one for my remodel-in-progress bedroom. And I vote to keep the purple as you have distressed it.
Michael

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

Your shag pillow turned out so cute! I love the color! And your thrift store find is awesome, too! I'm not gonna lie that I'm a little jealous of your adorable rocking chairs.

Monika said...

I love the shag pillow, the color stands out so nicely against the cream color chair. Your daughter looks adorable sitting on the pretty purple one, good score!

Audrey said...

Cutest kid ever! Where can I get one of those?!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to let you know that I featured these throw pillows today at my DIY Throw Pillow round up.
http://thecraftedsparrow.blogspot.com/2012/04/15-great-ideas-for-diy-throw-pillows.html#more

Liz@Craftbaby said...

LOVE this pillow - what a cool look. Great color, too - mixes so well with a bright summery / springy neon. You should consider entering it into Craftbaby's DIY Throw Pillow challenge http://www.craftbaby.com/contests/9/diy-throw-pillows-sweeps

unknow2020 said...

شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف سجاد وموكيت بالدمام
شركة تنظيف الخزانات بالدمام
شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...