December 31, 2011

Refinished Table and Chairs


It's finished!  Aah.  You may or may not remember that I started this project back in June. I posted about it in August after I got the first chair done.  Yes, it took another 4 months to finish the other 3 chairs and the table!  I really drug my feet on this one, but now it's done and there couldn't be a better way to end the year!


First I sanded everything down.  If there is one lesson I learned through this whole process, it is to sand, sand, and then sand some more!  I preserved the intricate table top design by staining it, then painted everything else.  I really like the dual color scheme. 


This was definitely not a beginner's project.  Perhaps that is why it took me so long to finish - I am a novice when it comes to refinishing furniture.  So I am proud of myself for pushing through and finally getting it done!


Needless to say, I LOVE how it turned out!  But I will not be attempting any more big furniture makeovers for a very long time!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful! Well done and you should be proud of yourself you did a great job.
It's exactly what I have been wanting to do with my dinette (looks just like yours did) for the last two years but haven't worked up the nerve. Any hints or tips you could offer would be appreciated!

Anita

Nicole @ the style hatch said...

Great project! I love those chairs! :)

Laura Lowe said...

That looks great! I have a very similar table set that I want to redo - same starburst pattern on top, and I had thought of doing it exactly like yours. The surface of my table has some damage to the finish, and I've considered just painting the whole thing because I'm scared of how the finish would look on top if I just sand and stain it. Which was easier, the staining part or the painting? I'd love to see a step-by-step tutorial.

Shabby Marilyn said...

You finish it! Looks great! New follower, I just finished a Vintage Oak table with wonder claw feet, no chairs though! Hope to see you visit and be a friend!

Adorable little girl and so sweet with the flower head band.

Unknown said...

How did u paint the chairs and what products did u use??

unknow2020 said...

شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة شفط بيارات بالدمام
شركة تسليك مجاري الدمام

Robert said...

According to Online Accounting Class For Me transformed with love! Our refinished table and chairs are a charming addition to our space. The fresh look brings warmth and style, making meals extra enjoyable. Grateful for the DIY journey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...